X on Powerbook G3 Wallstreet

John McKee yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:20:04 -0700

<P>Hi,</P>
<P>&nbsp; I've got a G3 Powerbook, Wallstreet, that's been giving me fits.&nbsp; </P>
<P>&nbsp; The install worked, apparently, just fine.&nbsp;When I restarted for the first time, the screen was split into quadrants.&nbsp; I looked around the mailing lists and found that passing the kernel argument to BootX (&nbsp;video=atyfb:vmode:14 ) resolved the quadrant'ed screen on boot up.</P>
<P>&nbsp; But now, I can't get it to start X.&nbsp; It gives a [fatal server error: no screens] [X10: fatal IO error 104 (connection reset by peer) on X Server ":0.0"]&nbsp;message.&nbsp; I've run XConfigurator (I don't know how many times) selecting the G3 monitors and different resolutions, and it still keeps giving me these errors.</P>
<P>&nbsp; What can I do?</P>
<P>Thanks,</P>
<P>John McKee</P>