Problem with ethernet on 15" LCD Imac

Chuck Coleman yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 08:34:29 -0800

--B_3125815837_288875

on 1/19/03 1:13 AM, Jean Pierre Miani at jmiani@xs4all.nl wrote:

> I have chosen static IP because when i selected DHCP it would not pick it=
 up.

You have to set the gateway. If you don=B9t put in the gateway address then
neither DHCP or static IP will not work. I suggest going back to DHCP since
there were some issues with static IP on YDL. As long as your system is set
up to do DHCP of course.

Chuck Coleman
Put an end to bad service
BOYCOTT MACMall/MAC-CLUB/PCMall
http://www.macintouch.com/macmall01.html

--B_3125815837_288875

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Problem with ethernet on 15&quot; LCD Imac</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">on 1/19/03 1:13 AM, Jean Pierre Miani at jmiani@xs4all=
.nl wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">I have chosen static I=
P because when i selected DHCP it would not pick it up.<BR>
</FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
You have to set the gateway. If you don&#8217;t put in the gateway address =
then neither DHCP or static IP will not work. I suggest going back to DHCP s=
ince there were some issues with static IP on YDL. As long as your system is=
 set up to do DHCP of course.<BR>
<BR>
Chuck Coleman<BR>
Put an end to bad service<BR>