Is it worth it?

Jason DeVita yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 12:52:06 -0500 (EST)

I have both ydl and xdarwin running on my ibook.  KDE under darwin
appears to be much slower.  I usually run in full screen mode, and it
takes about twice as long for kde to start up on darwin, versus on ydl.
I also have to turn off all the graphics bells-and-whistles so that the
screen reacts reasonably quickly.  So, if my experience is typical, then
you should find that kde runs much faster on the ydl side.

-Jason