Is it worth it?

Gregory Allen-Anderson yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:01:08 -0500 (EST)

Thank you for your feedback.  Do you find it stable.  Do you recommend I dual boot just in case?

 --- On Fri 01/24, Jason DeVita < jdevita@umich.edu > wrote:
From: Jason DeVita [mailto: jdevita@umich.edu]
To: yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 12:52:06 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Is it worth it?

I have both ydl and xdarwin running on my ibook.  KDE under darwin
appears to be much slower.  I usually run in full screen mode, and it
takes about twice as long for kde to start up on darwin, versus on ydl.
I also have to turn off all the graphics bells-and-whistles so that the
screen reacts reasonably quickly.  So, if my experience is typical, then
you should find that kde runs much faster on the ydl side.