I got cd player sound in my IBOOK!!!

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 14:26:11 -0500

Hi all:
Finally after a lots of trials and errors I got XMMS working in my ibook (running gnome in YDL 2.3)
The trick was to change a little bit the configuration of XMMS...
open XMMS
put the cursor on the black window and press ctrl-p (preferences)
In Audio I/O Plugins
1) select and enable
AudioCD Reader 0.11d
(the enable plugin must be checked at the bottom-right of the window)
2) press configure...(I mean configure the Audio CD reader plugin)... in the Output tab check..Read Digital CD Audio...say OK
3) select and disable
CD Audio Player 1.2.5
(the enable plugin must be unchecked at the bootom-right of the window)
4)press Apply and OK
5) Insert your CD and in the black window of XMMS press the eject key...
6) in the dialog window LOAD FILE write...
choose /mnt/cdrom in the Directory and write
/dev/cdrom in the selection:/mnt/cdrom at the bottom
say OK...
7) press the play key in XMMS
8) if you just got noise...deselect the equalizer in the XMMS window.
good luck

JM (KONGO) Farina

/dev/cdrom