Wallstreet Contrast Problem

Brian Alston yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 08:18:19 -0500

--Apple-Mail-2-941790077

Hello All

	I have a 1998 PowerBook G3 (Wallstreet) 233MHz with YellowDog Linux
(version 2.3) installed. Linux works great on this Mac which is why I
wanted to install it; OS X was just too slow. The only problem I have is
that when I sleep my PowerBook and then wake it up again the contrast is
completely washed out. I can see the display but barely (it helps if I
look from the top down at an angle). The only option I am left with is
to reboot the machine again, and I don't want to have to do that
everytime I want to move my PowerBook. Has anybody had any experience
with this sort of thing that can help out? Is there some sort of PPC
shareware that will let me adjust the contrast from within Linux? I have
found a similar piece of shareware for OS X.  I ask this as my contrast
button on the machine itself does not work in Linux. I have tried many
different options in the kernel arguments field but no luck. Any help
you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

--Apple-Mail-2-941790077

Hello All

[...]

</fontfamily>