Install Fails at package transfer on YDL 2.3 (iMac)

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:03:07 EST

--part1_97.3344b01d.2b68743b_boundary

In a message dated 1/28/03 2:19:55 PM, commandertobe@netscape.net writes:

> I have tried to install YDL 2.3 several times.=A0 It boots fine and=20
> everything appears normal on the GUI install.=A0 However it goes to read=20
> the install media package database, then resolves dependencies and when=20
> it goes to package transfer it fails and says to correct this manually.
>=20
> I read on a list somewhere that the partitioning was done wrong.=A0 I went=
=20
> through a custom install using text base and verified this myself.=A0 If=20
> you go through the drive partitioning scheme it will erroneously map=20
> your partitions or this is how it seems.=A0 It would show my bootstrap as=20
> swap space each time.=A0 I would go back and check it and that was the=20
> mapping.=A0 Very frustrated with this since I hear Yellow dog is fairly=20
> stable distro.=A0 Thanks for any help.=A0 (Commandertobe@netscape.net) fee=
l=20
> free to reply.
>=20
>=20

I had the same problem and kept trying to install.   I did hook up a 9gb ext=
.=20
drive and try one more time and for no appearent reason, it worked.   Go=20
figure.

Anyhow, I wish I could tell you exactly how I got it to work but perseveranc=
e=20
and being mule stubborn in my continued attempts seems to be the only thing=20
other than trying the final hard drive (tried several before that).   Oh=20
yeah, I switched to chocalate Klondike bars somewhere along the line.
Good Luck!

Rick

--part1_97.3344b01d.2b68743b_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" F=
AMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2" STYLE=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #FFFFFF"><BR>
In a message dated 1/28/03 2:19:55 PM, commandertobe@netscape.net writes:<BR=

<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE CITE STYLE=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;=20=
MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px" TYPE=3D"CITE"></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#0=
00000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2" STYLE=3D"BACKGROUND-C=
OLOR: #FFFFFF">I have tried to install YDL 2.3 several times.=A0 It boots fi=
ne and <BR>
everything appears normal on the GUI install.=A0 However it goes to read <BR=

the install media package database, then resolves dependencies and when <BR>
it goes to package transfer it fails and says to correct this manually.<BR>
<BR>
I read on a list somewhere that the partitioning was done wrong.=A0 I went <=

through a custom install using text base and verified this myself.=A0 If <BR=

you go through the drive partitioning scheme it will erroneously map <BR>
your partitions or this is how it seems.=A0 It would show my bootstrap as <B=

swap space each time.=A0 I would go back and check it and that was the <BR>
mapping.=A0 Very frustrated with this since I hear Yellow dog is fairly <BR>
stable distro.=A0 Thanks for any help.=A0 (Commandertobe@netscape.net) feel=20=
<BR>
free to reply.<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSE=
RIF" SIZE=3D"2" STYLE=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #FFFFFF"><BR>
<BR>
I had the same problem and kept trying to install.&nbsp;  I did hook up a 9g=
b ext. drive and try one more time and for no appearent reason, it worked.&n=
bsp;  Go figure.<BR>
<BR>
Anyhow, I wish I could tell you exactly how I got it to work but perseveranc=
e and being mule stubborn in my continued attempts seems to be the only thin=
g other than trying the final hard drive (tried several before that).&nbsp;=20=
 Oh yeah, I switched to chocalate Klondike bars somewhere along the line.<BR=

Good Luck!<BR>
<BR>
Rick</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=
=3D"2" STYLE=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #FFFFFF"></FONT></HTML>

--part1_97.3344b01d.2b68743b_boundary--