Install Fails at package transfer on YDL 2.3 (iMac)

Ray Lacgalvs yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:03:56 +1000

--MS_Mac_OE_3126686636_2042850_MIME_Part

I also had the same error message on install - put mine down to not enough
drive space for ydl partition.
Gave it some more (2GB, only have 3GB) & went for the HOME/OFFICE package.
--=20
regards, ray.

From: PPCLinux@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:03:07 EST
To: yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: Re: Install Fails at package transfer on YDL 2.3 (iMac)

In a message dated 1/28/03 2:19:55 PM, commandertobe@netscape.net writes:

I have tried to install YDL 2.3 several times.=A0 It boots fine and
everything appears normal on the GUI install.=A0 However it goes to read
the install media package database, then resolves dependencies and when
it goes to package transfer it fails and says to correct this manually.

I read on a list somewhere that the partitioning was done wrong.=A0 I went
through a custom install using text base and verified this myself.=A0 If
you go through the drive partitioning scheme it will erroneously map
your partitions or this is how it seems.=A0 It would show my bootstrap as
swap space each time.=A0 I would go back and check it and that was the
mapping.=A0 Very frustrated with this since I hear Yellow dog is fairly
stable distro.=A0 Thanks for any help.=A0 (Commandertobe@netscape.net) feel
free to reply.

I had the same problem and kept trying to install.   I did hook up a 9gb
ext. drive and try one more time and for no appearent reason, it worked.
Go figure.

Anyhow, I wish I could tell you exactly how I got it to work but
perseverance and being mule stubborn in my continued attempts seems to be
the only thing other than trying the final hard drive (tried several before
that).   Oh yeah, I switched to chocalate Klondike bars somewhere along the
line.
Good Luck!

Rick=20

--MS_Mac_OE_3126686636_2042850_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Install Fails at package transfer on YDL 2.3 (iMac)</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
I also had the same error message on install - put mine down to not enough =
drive space for ydl partition.<BR>
Gave it some more (2GB, only have 3GB) &amp; went for the <FONT SIZE=3D"4"><F=
ONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman"><B>HOME/OFFICE package.<BR>
</B></FONT></FONT>-- <BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE>regards, ray.<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<B>From: </B>PPCLinux@aol.com<BR>
<B>Reply-To: </B>yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com<BR>
<B>Date: </B>Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:03:07 EST<BR>
<B>To: </B>yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com<BR>
<B>Subject: </B>Re: Install Fails at package transfer on YDL 2.3 (iMac)<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Geneva"><BR>
In a message dated 1/28/03 2:19:55 PM, commandertobe@netscape.net writes:<B=

<BR>
<BR>
I have tried to install YDL 2.3 several times.=A0 It boots fine and <BR>
everything appears normal on the GUI install.=A0 However it goes to read <BR>
the install media package database, then resolves dependencies and when <BR=

it goes to package transfer it fails and says to correct this manually.<BR>
<BR>
I read on a list somewhere that the partitioning was done wrong.=A0 I went <B=

through a custom install using text base and verified this myself.=A0 If <BR>
you go through the drive partitioning scheme it will erroneously map <BR>
your partitions or this is how it seems.=A0 It would show my bootstrap as <BR=

swap space each time.=A0 I would go back and check it and that was the <BR>
mapping.=A0 Very frustrated with this since I hear Yellow dog is fairly <BR>
stable distro.=A0 Thanks for any help.=A0 (Commandertobe@netscape.net) feel <BR=

free to reply.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
I had the same problem and kept trying to install. &nbsp;&nbsp;I did hook u=
p a 9gb ext. drive and try one more time and for no appearent reason, it wor=
ked. &nbsp;&nbsp;Go figure.<BR>
<BR>
Anyhow, I wish I could tell you exactly how I got it to work but perseveran=
ce and being mule stubborn in my continued attempts seems to be the only thi=
ng other than trying the final hard drive (tried several before that). &nbsp=
;&nbsp;Oh yeah, I switched to chocalate Klondike bars somewhere along the li=
ne.<BR>
Good Luck!<BR>
<BR>
Rick</FONT></FONT> <BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3126686636_2042850_MIME_Part--