mounting floppies

Derick Centeno yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
30 Jan 2003 22:34:27 +0000

I'm not sure this is the right question for this area but let's see.  I
cannot mount my floppies within YDL 2.3!!  I can modify the fstab file
with the appropriate commands, but not mtab!!  Somehow at every reboot
the mtab is rewritten by the kernel to its original form obliterating my
changes, and when it sees the changes in the fstab file complains about
that line number, where the change was made, is "bad".  That comment
regarding fstab shows up when Dayton restarts.

This is what I write in fstab:
/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy noauto,user rw 0 0

Also in /mnt I created a new directory called floppy which didn't exist
prior to that time.

A further clarification I know how to use vi, and vim well. I've not
forgotten how to use its various features.

Another question:  How can I use apt-get to download stuff from the CD's
and have it look for whatever dependencies a particular package may
need, etc.