data partition

Ron Smith yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 04:22:47 -0700

Well, it's really up to you and how you use the machine.

Here is how Terra Soft does it:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/products/apple/partitions.shtml

I have a 20GB drive, so I made a smaller partition for OS X because I=20
only use it for a few applications that do not take up much disk space =20=

and I made the shared partition larger because 1GB just didn't seem=20
very big. I gave the majority of the drive to Linux because I use it=20
the most and know that it will grow in size as I use it.

I believe that the minimum disk space required for OS X is 1.5GB (OS 9=20=

will fit in 300MB). The minimums for YDL depend on which install you=20
choose:

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/products/faq/drive_space.shtml

I have received quite a bit of feedback on this, so as Jason suggested,=20=

I will start working on some instructions and try to include some of=20
the things to look out for... there are a few things to consider when=20
mounting the partition because it interacts with MOL. Basically MOL=20
can't use it if Linux has it mounted, so it needs to be unmounted in=20
Linux before starting MOL, then MOL will mount it automatically and it=20=

will just show up as a second drive under OS X (or OS 9).