Noisy Linux?

Claude Flener yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 01 Jul 2003 14:41:13 +0300

Hi,

I installed YDL a few days ago on a dual G4 1.25GHz MDD, and it mmakes a
hell of a lot of noise when running Linux.
This is one of the later models, that, according to Apple, are quieter, than
the really loud ones before. Well it is less noisy than the hoovers they
sold before, but far from quiet, and that when running OSX.
Now, when I run Linux, there is loads of noise, the fans are all running at
high speed most of the time, and sometimes go even higher. There is also a
ticking sound, that reminds of an old Diesel engine.

Does anyone here have a similar problem, and maybe a solution, how to get
the noise down to an acceptable level, like in OSX?
My guess is that there are some temperature monitoring/regulating modules in
OSX, that are not in Linux...

Please let me know if you have a similar problem.

Cheers,

Claude