How to boot ?

Ron Smith yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 16:24:47 -0700

Yes, this sounds like a good place to start.

For YDL 3.0 if you boot from the Install CD 1, type in    install
rescue    at the  boot:   prompt.

You will be able to select a few option, one of them is to mount your
Linux drive on /mnt/sysimage. When you do this it will allow you do
look at everything on your Linux drive/partition.

You will definitely want to check your yaboot.conf file to make sure it
is looking for Linux on the correct partition (you will find it on
/mnt/sysimage/etc/yaboot.conf). Filesystems are probably my weakest
area of understanding, so from here on out I will be learning right
along with you. With any luck maybe someone else is reading this thread
and can help us out.

By the way, have you tried this:

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/
boot_functions.shtml