How to boot ?

Yi Liang yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 00:24:03 +0200

> The only think I can think of right now, is did you make a 1MB
> partition for the boot loader (yaboot) when you set up your partitions
> using the YDL installer? I am trying to think of a way that you can
> check this in case you do not remember... I think there is a way to
> boot from the YDL CD and go into a shell, but I don't know how. If we
> can figure out a way to do that, we can check the partitions and we
> can look at your yaboot configuration to make sure that is correct.

I have done on the free space, the three partitions as they are
described in the manual : bootstrap of 1 Mo, swap of 350 Mo (>256,
because i have more RAM), and / with the remaining space.
I think they had respectively : hda9, hda10 and hda11.
My os 9 partition is hda12.

Maybe with the rescue mode with the CD, we can access these info ?

regards,