How to boot ?

ron yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 15:17:10 -0700

You are right, the iBook is New World ROM (I thought they were Old
World).

There should not be an additional install for yaboot, it should install
with YDL.

The only think I can think of right now, is did you make a 1MB
partition for the boot loader (yaboot) when you set up your partitions
using the YDL installer? I am trying to think of a way that you can
check this in case you do not remember... I think there is a way to
boot from the YDL CD and go into a shell, but I don't know how. If we
can figure out a way to do that, we can check the partitions and we can
look at your yaboot configuration to make sure that is correct.

-Ron