OSX Restore - help!

Duane Winner yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 10:42:20 -0400

Hello all,

I don't know much about macs, but I have one here (Powerbook G4) and a couple
of months ago threw YellowDog on it, then never did much with it.

But now I have to put OSX back on, and I'm screwed. I tried to boot with the
Software Restore CD, but that just comes up and tells me to pick a disk to
restore to and my only options are 'Restore Image' and the CDROM.

I tried to boot with the OSX installation CD, but then I get a kernel panic.

All I want to do is get OSX and all the software that was on there as it came
in the box from the Apple Fun Factory.

Could somebody please tell me what to do? Thanks so much!