floppy, 3400c

Ted Parks yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
08 Jul 2003 12:01:25 -0700

Please forgive what seems an easy question.

I have tried, without success, to get my 3400c running YD 3.0 to mount
the floppy from the expansion bay. I did the following:

1) Attempted to run "Disk Management" from KDE. The program (daemon?)
tries to launch, but never runs.

2) Using pico, I added to /etc/fstab: /dev/fd0 mnt/floppy auto,user 0 0

3) Using pico again, I added to /etc/mtab: /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto rw

4) Tried to mount with the command line: mount /dev/fd0

When I try to mount, I hear the drive start, but Linux displays "mount
point mnt/floppy does not exist."

How do I configure the 3400c to read the floppy in the expansion bay?
And the CDROM, when I place it in the bay?

Thanks,
Ted Parks