Orinoco

Longman, Bill yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 10:25:02 -0700

> New to YellowDog, I am trying to configure an Orinoco PCMCIA 16-bit
> wireless card in my PowerBook 3400c. I chose what I think is
> the correct
> driver in network devices, but the 3400c with YD 3.0 tells me there is
> no PCMCIA ethernet card inserted.
>
> How do I configure the card?

First, Ted, are you sure the PCMCIA is working? That was the biggest problem
I had getting wireless going on my 3400c. I had to load the kernel modules
by hand until I got them right. You probably ought to put the modules in
modules.conf but I haven't figured out what the syntax should be so I just
wrote a script to load the modules. It seems like there's a wrong path
somewhere because "service pcmcia start" gives me errors, although I can run
them by hand and they work fine.

modprobe pcmcia_core
modprobe yenta_socket
modprobe ds

service pcmcia start

insert card....

You may also need to tweak your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1
file to get an IP addy.

This should get you going but if you need more help, just chime in.

Bill