OSX restore - help

Duane Winner yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:10:54 -0400

Actually, the OS9 Installation CD is the only boot CD (besides YellowDog) that
seems to get me anywhere. I booted with the OS9 CD, and ran the disk
utillity, and actually was able to create a new partition.

But apparantly, the OSX CD still didn't like that (kernel panic again).

I'm totally unfamiliar with Mac paritioning schematics. Is there a basic disk
configuration I should try to set up? What paritition types should I create
and how many? How does Apple traditionally partition these disks when they
ship them out with OSX?

Like an idiot, I didn't write any important information down (like the
partition table) before I started to slash and burn with the Yellowdog CD.