airport works, but doesn't...

Yi Liang yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:11:22 +0200

> when I
>
> /sbin/ifup eth1, IP information is determined fine and a
> netstat -rn
> shows that eth1 is indeed up and running.
>
> However, when I try to connect to a website with mozilla or konquerer i
> get nothing...

Did you check your DNS settings ?
Are you using Encryption on your airport base ?

> If i use ncftp I can connect to ftp servers, but once connected I can't
>   view the files.. an ls boots me out...

Did the server says something like : entering passive mode ?
I got something similar, and once connected, I cannot do ls.
Seems to be some ftp settings problem, but I don't know the solution. If
anyone knows about it. I cannot help

regards,