Successful Install

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 17:18:20 EDT

--part1_1c5.bd2f0b3.2c40839c_boundary

I finally got YDL installed and running on my 500 MHz iBook. It took two
complete wipes of my disk and a few looooong downloads. I had to have the free
space at the start of my disk and the use of FWB patitions is questionable. I now
have an iBook that boots YDL, OS X, Mac OS 9, and Open Darwin. My next
chalange is to get my ADSL supported. I am thinking of using my CDROM to transfer
the rp-pppoe from OS X to YDL.

I greatly wish Linux supported Firewire and am thinking about working on the
effort in my spare time.

Joseph R. L. Simkins
Richardson, Texas

--part1_1c5.bd2f0b3.2c40839c_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" F=
AMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2">I finally got YDL installed and running on my=
 500 MHz iBook. It took two complete wipes of my disk and a few looooong dow=
nloads. I had to have the free space at the start of my disk and the use of=20=
FWB patitions is questionable. I now have an iBook that boots YDL, OS X, Mac=
 OS 9, and Open Darwin. My next chalange is to get my ADSL supported. I am t=
hinking of using my CDROM to transfer the rp-pppoe from OS X to YDL. <BR>
<BR>
I greatly wish Linux supported Firewire and am thinking about working on the=
 effort in my spare time.<BR>
<BR>
Joseph R. L. Simkins<BR>
Richardson, Texas</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SA=
NSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2"></FONT></HTML>

--part1_1c5.bd2f0b3.2c40839c_boundary--