ldconfig

Longman, Bill yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:17:47 -0700

> To install certain libraries and programs, I require
> ldconfig, but I don't
> have it and I don't know where to get it. What do I do?

A good place to start is rpmfind.net. Or goole even, for that matter. STFW
is a great mantra. (I swear my wife lives by this!)

You should be able to download the ldconfig rpm from any yellowdog mirror
and install it manually. Certainly, it should be on your install disks.
Mount one of those and find the directory with the RPMs in it.

Also, look at the rpm man page. There are good query options for finding
packages and dependencies right in rpm.

Bill