need help w/ 1st YDL install

Christopher Scott yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:25:08 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to install YDL 3.0 on a G4/350 "Yikes!"
machine. I started by zapping the PRAM a bunch of
times and then booting up from the 1st install disc.

The install appeared to go just fine (I want to run
ONLY YDL on this thing; I selected the default
partition setup even though it showed two
Apple-related partitions as being the first in that
default scheme) and at restart I'm prompted to load
from either Yellow Dog (L)inux or the (C)D-ROm.

Selecting "L" results something about secondary boot,
but then i get the flashing folder icon indiciating
that the system can't find a relevant OS to boot with.

I can't for the life of me figure out what I've done wrong!