Basic Stamp 2 on YDL

mital kamdar yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 02:17:49 -0700

Hello everyone,

My machine is an ibook dual USB 2001...basically the first 12" ibook2
released in May 2001.

I recently installed YDL 3.0. My other partition has Mac OS X 10.1.5.

I wanted to know if it's possible to program Basic Stamp 2 chips from
YDL on my ibook2.

I went to http://bstamp.sourceforge.net/ I downloaded the platform
independent source and followed the install directions. I was able to
"make" and "make install". But when I try to tokenize using this command
(the way it says to use the comman) "bstamp_tokenize hello.bs2
hello.tok" I get the following message:

libstamptokenizer.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory: Success
./tokenizer.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory: Illegal seek

libstamptokenizer.so is in /usr/local/lib which I added to my PATH and
verified that it was added using echo $PATH

that's about all I know to try...the illegal seek response makes me
think that maybe this source isn't truly platform independent.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me on this

-mital