multiple displays

Chaz McGarvey yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
24 Jul 2003 01:02:55 -0600

Hello:

I have a ViewSonic monitor attached to my AGP Nvidia Geforce 2 MX and a
Hitachi monitor on some sort of PCI ATI card.  I use this setup to have
an expanded desktop in Mac OS X and I would like to do the same with my
Linux install.

When I boot up Linux, the "Welcome to Linux, kernel ..." comes up on my
ViewSonic (through the AGP card) and then it prints a few lines.  When
it comes time for the Yellowdog images to appear and booting to
continue, it appears on the other monitor.  Everything from then on will
always go to the monitor attached to my PCI card, though the first few
lines of the kernel startup will remain on the monitor attached to the
AGP card.  When I probe the monitor and the card, however, it always
reports the Nvidia Geforce 2 MX and the ViewSonic monitor.

I haven't seen any support for multiple displays in the control panels
I've been through, but surely it's possible.  With additional software
perhaps?

Any comments?

Thanks,
Chaz McGarvey