imac 15" (G3) / imac 17" (G4) YDL performance?

Harvey Ussery yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 21:17:02 -0400

On Friday, July 25, 2003, at 06:01 PM, jaspal kallar wrote:

> I'm looking closely at buying an imac 1GHz 17" and installing YDL 3.0.
>

> Also can anybody comment on the screen clarity in YDL 3.0 compared
> to in OS X (which I have seen in the stores)? Is DVD playback ok?
>

> I searched in this mailing list and other places and it seems at least
> to me that the
> hardware is well supported by YDL 3.0 apart from the modem.

I have an 800 mgHz 17" LCD iMac on which I installed YDL 3.0. Had
trouble configuring for X Windows but finally got the problem resolved
& could send you my /etc/X11/XF86Config file which finally made it all
work if you do buy and find you are having trouble with that
configuration.

At present I am still working on getting connected to the
Net--configuring for modem & AirPort. There are some known bugs in this
area that are hanging me up.

Lykke til!    --HU