Mac Office guy

Ron Smith yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:08:47 -0700

Yeah, I had the same problem for a while so I just booted into OS X (or
used MOL) when I needed to use Word and/or Excel. It worked out great
for me and even OpenOffice can open, import, and  "save as" a modern
Word .doc filetype.

Personally I prefer the linux side of my installation, mainly because
most of my job entails a lot of networking and there are just so many
good utilities in linux. For the business side of the house it is great
to be able to use Mac OS X and all of its tools for Windows
compatibility. Instead of going on an anti-MS bashing session, all I
can really say is that I find their stuff difficult and non-intuitive
to use. I think it is great that their philosophy makes sense to other
people and that they are able be productive with it. If it worked for
me and my way of thinking I would not hesitate to use it, but it just
doesn't work for me.

Best of luck,

-Ron