Freeze while transferring install image

christopher marcoe yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:42:01 -0400

Hi, folks.

Hey Joe,

<snip>

I partitioned the drive, with 400MB for MacOS and the rest for YDL,
reinstalled MacOS8.5 (hey, it was handy) and and used BootX to bring up
the installer.  No problem so far; I'm very familiar with installing
RedHat, and YDL has the same installer interface.

<snip>

How much space did you leave for YDL?
Are you doing a custom install or using one of the "options"

All seems fine until I get to the point where it's "Transferring install
image to hard drive..."  The graphic meter gets to about 5/8ths of the
way across, and everything freezes.  No mouse, no keyboard reset, nothing
but a power cycle gets it to respond.

I ran into a similar freezing problem once when I didn't leave several hundred megs free on the install drive.  Can't say I know what happened but I started booting the MacOS from an external to save space on the internal and everything worked fine.  Working on a MacOS bootCD w/ BootX etc. to eliminate the need for external drive.

Good Luck,

-CabbitBoy
Linux Newbie Extream.