apt-get or yum

John Dennis yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 31 May 2003 17:14:41 -0700

Can some one try either of these and let me know if you can connect?  I have
tried both of these and I am unable to connect.  I get the error below.  I am
logged on as root and I am connected to the internet.  The first error is
from apt-get while the second error is from yum.  Basically I am getting no
route to host and I want to see if it is just my setup or if others are
having the same problems.  I have read that others have had problems with
apt-get and they are told to use yum, but I am having problems with both.

Failed to fetch
http://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/apt/3.0/base/srclist.update
Could not connect to ftp.yellowdoglinux.com:80 (152.2.210.109). - connect
(113 No route to host)

Gathering package information from servers
Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 base
IOError: [Errno socket error] (113, 'No route to host')