Installed YDL, can't boot to OSX anymore

Steve Munsell yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 18:44:44 -0400

--Apple-Mail-8-1038357032

--Apple-Mail-9-1038357032

try d on boot up insted of x

before yaboot

On Sunday, June 1, 2003, at 06:28 PM, David Schneider wrote:

> Help! I just installed YDL 3.0, and it's working just fine. The problem
> is, I can no longer boot into OSX. When I hit 'x' at yaboot, OSX starts
> to load, I get the gray screen with the Apple logo and the chasing
> lines, but after a minute or so, the Apple logo changes into a circle
> with a line through it and nothing else happens.
>
> YDL was installed on a separate, internal drive. As recommended by the
> installation guide, YDL was installed on a drive that is first in the
> chain and is jumpered as the master drive. That drive was the only one
> checked off in the installation for being written to, so the drive with
> OSX on it shouldn't have been touched at all as far as I can tell, so
> I'm not sure why it won't boot.
>
> Can anyone help me?
> David

"The power of the press goes to the individual who owns one..."

Steve Munsell
steve@contagiousgraphics.com (work)
sneferu@mac.com (personal)

IM - TheSneferu

Contagious Graphics
8107 Arrowridge Blvd Suite S
Charlotte, NC 28273
704-529-5600

--Apple-Mail-9-1038357032

try d on boot up insted of x

before yaboot

On Sunday, June 1, 2003, at 06:28 PM, David Schneider wrote:

<excerpt>Help! I just installed YDL 3.0, and it's working just fine.
The problem

is, I can no longer boot into OSX. When I hit 'x' at yaboot, OSX starts

to load, I get the gray screen with the Apple logo and the chasing

lines, but after a minute or so, the Apple logo changes into a circle

with a line through it and nothing else happens.

YDL was installed on a separate, internal drive. As recommended by the

installation guide, YDL was installed on a drive that is first in the

chain and is jumpered as the master drive. That drive was the only one

checked off in the installation for being written to, so the drive with

OSX on it shouldn't have been touched at all as far as I can tell, so

I'm not sure why it won't boot.

Can anyone help me?

David

</excerpt><italic>"The power of the press goes to the individual who
owns one..."

Steve Munsell

(work)

(personal)

IM - TheSneferu

Contagious Graphics

8107 Arrowridge Blvd Suite S

Charlotte, NC 28273

704-529-5600

</italic>
--Apple-Mail-9-1038357032--

--Apple-Mail-8-1038357032

BEGIN:VCARD=0D
VERSION:3.0=0D
N:Munsell;Steve;;;=0D
FN:Steve Munsell=0D
ORG:Contagious Graphics;=0D
TITLE:Boss Man=0D
EMAIL;type=3DWORK;type=3Dpref:steve@contagiousgraphics.com=0D
EMAIL;type=3DHOME:sneferu@mac.com=0D
TEL;type=3DWORK;type=3Dpref:704-529-5600=0D
TEL;type=3DHOME:704-563-1427=0D
TEL;type=3DCELL:704-618-0115=0D
ADR;type=3DWORK;type=3Dpref:;;8107 Arrowridge Blvd Suite =
S;Charlotte;NC;28273;USA=0D
ADR;type=3DHOME:;;1748 Flynnwood Dr;Charlotte;NC;28205;USA=0D
URL:www.contagiousgraphics.com=0D
X-AIM;type=3DHOME;type=3Dpref:TheSneferu=0D
END:VCARD=0D

--Apple-Mail-8-1038357032

--Apple-Mail-10-1038357033

--Apple-Mail-10-1038357033