How do I?

Ron Smith yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 22:17:46 -0700

Are you trying to get rid of that annoyingly long pause during boot
when it is looking for a DHCP lease? If so, simply give it a static IP,
it will look for link for a few seconds. When it finds no ethernet link
after a (very) short time (compared to the DHCP request) it will
continue booting with a simple nag about not finding link on eth0.

-Ron