firewire cd-burner, mounting it and hfs drives, incorrect swap partition loaded

Antonio Netzer yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 13:54:00 -0500 (CDT)

powermac 7300/g3 400mhz; ide controller card, firewire/usb card, ati
xclaim vr128:

three things:

a. my root partition is hde10, the swap is on hde9, and the bootloader
(which for oldworld mac is not necessary) is on hde8. upon boot, the
loader gives an error about not finding the swap partition on hde8, which
is the incorrect one, boot up continues and everything works normally.
I was wondering in which file does it specify which partition is for what,
so I can go in there and tell it that swap is only hde9?

b. i know the usb/firewire card is recognized, since the usb mouse i have
on it works, but how to i get to use the firewire burner, do i have to
mount it first? and if so, how do i find out in which /dev/ is it located.

c. i have a hfs and an hfs+ partition , is there a way to automatically
mount these upon boot?
I want to put all my mp3's in these partition, in case i need to get to
them from os x, or os 9.

thanks