is it possible?

Bert Knabe yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 03 Jun 2003 21:54:30 -0500

On 06/03/2003 09:23 PM, "Mike Murphree" <mike@tropo.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 03:23  PM, Bert Knabe wrote:

*Snip in interest of space*

>> It doesn't need much (if any) HD space to unpack files. I've been
>> building
>> "Trouble Disks" on zip 100's since 7.6.1 with the OS, Diskwarrior,
>> Norton
>> Utilities and TTPro on the disk. The latest ones (with 9.1) have 3
>> megs free
>> space, and none is used when I boot from the zip. So 70-80 meg should
>> be
>> adequate.
>
> Funny but installs to 100 and 200 MB partitions failed miserably for
> me...
>
> Mike

Maybe it handles removable media differently than fixed media? After all, if
it needed space to unpack files, bootable CD's would be impossible as they
exist on the Mac now - no HD necessary on the computer.

I thought I'd done a 100 meg boot partition before, but I'm probably
misremembering. If I have time I'll try it, write down exactly what I do
(which will be the same as for a boot zip disk) and if it works and wants to
know, I'll post it here for a minimal boot disk.

Bert

--
Ad campaign: "If you buy drugs, you support terrorism"
Reality: "If you buy gasoline, you support terrorism"