is it possible?

Andrew McVinnie yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 22:15:20 -0600

Hi

I have PowerMac 5500 with a 2 gig hard drive.
I made my Mac Partition 100 mb and installed OS 9.1 on it just fine.  I
did not however do a normal run of the mill install. I did a custom
install by turning everything off, no internet utils, no quickdraw, no
text to speech, none of that, just Mac OS 9.1, and I even went further
by doing a custom install of the MacOS, and checked the box for "mac OS
for this machine only" as opposed to the 2 other check boxes, "Minimum
OS requirements" and "Mac OS for any machine".

It installed on the 100 Mac partition, and even have 20 mb to spare.

No need to do anythin else, unless you plan on using Mac OS also. All I
need it to do is boot to the Xboot extenion, allow me to choose linux,
and thats the last I see of Mac OS 9.

Andy