Partitioning

Ben Donovan yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 09:22:18 -0400

--B_3137563339_218375

I=B9m trying to set up YDL on my starmax 3000/240. I have been following the
instructions in the =B3companion to installing=B2 for single drive multi-boot
systems. I left the first partition unallocated and the second HFS.

After installing bootX and restarting to the installer I tried to partition
the disk using the disk druid option, but I couldn=B9t seem to make an =B3Apple
bootstrap=B2  partition. If I expand the =B3File system type menu I get the
options =B3ext2=B2, =B3ext3=B2 and =B3swap=B2.

I couldn=B9t figure out how to do it this way so I went back and used the
automatic partitioning using the free space. But I don=B9t think this created
a bootstrap partition either. The installer then ran, but it wouldn=B9t boot
after that, probably because I couldn=B9t point bootX to the boot partition
because there wasn=B9t one.

Any Ideas?

Ben

--B_3137563339_218375

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Partitioning</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><BR>
I&#8217;m trying to set up YDL on my starmax 3000/240. I have been followin=
g the instructions in the &#8220;companion to installing&#8221; for single d=
rive multi-boot systems. I left the first partition unallocated and the seco=
nd HFS. <BR>
<BR>
After installing bootX and restarting to the installer I tried to partition=
 the disk using the disk druid option, but I couldn&#8217;t seem to make an =
&#8220;Apple bootstrap&#8221; &nbsp;partition. If I expand the &#8220;File s=
ystem type menu I get the options &#8220;ext2&#8221;, &#8220;ext3&#8221; and=
 &#8220;swap&#8221;.<BR>
<BR>
I couldn&#8217;t figure out how to do it this way so I went back and used t=
he automatic partitioning using the free space. But I don&#8217;t think this=
 created a bootstrap partition either. The installer then ran, but it wouldn=
&#8217;t boot after that, probably because I couldn&#8217;t point bootX to t=
he boot partition because there wasn&#8217;t one.<BR>
<BR>
Any Ideas?<BR>
<BR>
<BR>