Problems with YDL 3.0 on installation

Jonas Alexandre Nogueira yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 11:48:19 -0300

Hi people !

I'm newbie on YDL universe although I had install the YDL 2.3 in a
Xserver. Now, if this new version, I have many problems :

- When I try to install Sirius on a Xserver dual 1GHz( first released),
somethings happen on begin, like :

init /sbin/loader
gzlib error - violation access - uncompressed file format
and another line that I don't remember now.

And when I try to continue, after choose the packets and install mode,
where the format step will begin, the system format the
bootstrap and swap partitions except the root partition(¨ /  ¨)that's
who cause the error disk , and in my screen shows a
black distorced shell with hexadecimal memory adress. After, the system
inform that can't proceed with instalation because this error is an
serious problem.

I try to format my HD before installation in Unix File System, MacOS
Standard and MacOS Extended, but anyone of this formats works and I
don't know what I must do.

The futher strange of this is that I can install  MacOSX 10.2 without
dificulties or problems in physical disk.

Then, my questions are :

- Sirius really support dual processor Xservers first released ?
- What means the gzlib error ? Something is wrong, but what ?
- How I can format my root partition without errors ?

The configuration of the Xserver :

Model  : Xserver dual processor 1GHz first released (2002)
No memory added
No card added
No disk added
Nothing added at All