help with install on G3 Beige

David Purdy yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 08:39:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Matt:

Sounds to me like you might have a bad installer disc.
 YDL 3.0 has three install discs in the set, right?

Which disk has the TextUtils?  Maybe that's the bad
one.  It could also be that one of the previous discs
is bad, causing the problem to show up later on in the
install.

If it is failing on both machines (Beige and G4), then
it is most likely an install disc problem.

Did you verify all three burns of the ISOs?

I installed YDL 3 on both a Beige G3, and an older
7600/233 pre-G3 machine - without a hitch, so I'm sure
the ISO's (from YDL's ftp server) are good.

It is also possible (though **very** unlikely) that an
ISO image up on the ftp site that you used is
corrupted.  Possible, very unlikely.

I'd say to try downloading the suspect disc's ISO
again, and reburn it (with verify!)...try again.

Good Luck.

Dave Purdy
Wisconsin

--- "Halsey, Matt (IQAUS is)"