Since changing...

Longman, Bill yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 09:09:22 -0700

> Since I changed the file so I do not have to enter mount each
> time I get the
> following error message when my machine starts.  It also
> fails another time
> when it does another mount and it basically says the same
> thing.  It goes
> right past these real quick so it does not hold up the
> machine at all.  I
> just want to see if I can stop these from failing each time.
>
> mounting local file systems mount: fs type ro not supported by kernel

The ro is one of the options, not a filetype. Look in your /etc/fstab file
and make sure all the arguments to the filesystems that are being mounted
are in the correct column.

Column 1 is for the device to mount.
Column 2 is where is should mount in the local filesystem tree
Column 3 is the filesystem type
Column 4 is for options
5 and 6 are useless dreckt as far as I'm concerned. See the man page for
more info.

It looks like you have some things to straighten out in columns 3 and 4....

Bill