YDL Cant use created logins after install

Brian Knoblock yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 08 Jun 2003 14:42:09 -0400

I had the same problem , on TWO different Macs, an iMac DV using the text
based installer and the GUI installer on an iBook2 12.
Installs great but no users.
So..... when you are installing , just create your root password then when
the install is done, login as root, goto the system tools GUI , users &
groups and create a user for yourself. Log out and log back in as your new
user. FYI whenever I logged out of root on the iMac DV, then screen would
just go black, but a forced reboot showed my new user still was there to log
in as .

Brian Knoblock

on 6/8/03 2:01 PM, yellowdog-newbie-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com at