Help with setting up FTP

Longman, Bill yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 20:03:55 -0700

Ok, I just got my hands on YDL 3.0 and I installed a server setup, but
now I
can't FTP into my machine. I set everything up in 2.3 just fine with
proftpd, but proftpd doesn't seem to come with this YDL 3.0, and I've
been
tinkering with it and I can't seem to setup FTP access. Could anyone out
there point me in the right direction in setting up FTP in YDL 3.0? Any
help
would be appreciated.

-------

Are you sure it isn't a firewall setting on your machine? Do a "service
iptables stop" and see if that makes a difference. That's probably the first
place to look before you start monkeying with other settings. Make sure you
can ping the interface, see if you can telnet to port 21 and watch what you
get. Or make your life easier and use nmap first. It will tell you the open
ports on that machine.

HTH.