Audio CD Sound Problem

Sakari Aaltonen yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 09:04:22 +0200 (EET)

I posted some time ago, complaining that playing audio CD's produced
no sound, although all sound tests etc. succeeded, and there were no
warnings or errors from KsCD.

Now I had the idea of trying xmms (instead of KsCD), and, lo and
behold, the sound was OK. However, this only happens if I'm root.
To an ordinary user, xmms outputs the message

mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding

There is sound in this case, too, but it's just noise.

Note that KsCD is silent even when started by root.

Can anybody help? The machine is an iBook 2.2 with YDL 3.0 (Sirius).

Thank you,
Sakari Aaltonen