YDL 3.0 on 7300

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:37:45 EDT

--part1_35.392f8434.2c179b99_boundary

In a message dated 6/10/03 2:57:33 PM Central Daylight Time, stermarc@mac.com
writes:

> At about 3:33 PM -0400 on 6/10/03, MoC888@aol.com wrote:
> >Ok here.  My Mac OS 8.1 is long dead (As in yesterday), and I finally got
> >booted into a 7.5 looking 8.1 from a disk tools image.  (Used Disk
> >Copy on my Mac
> >SE to make the disk)  Now, I used Drive Setup Lite from the disk tools
> image
> >to reformat my hard disk.  I'm ready for bootx.  Except for the fact that
> this
> >minimal OS won't read from CD.  It's VERY minimal.  It was designed for a
> >floppy.  Anybody know how to get CD-ROM access from an OS copied from a
> >downloaded disk tools floppy image?
>
> Try booting with the CD already in the machine, and/or add some
> relevant extensions like "Apple CD/DVD Driver" etc. That particular
> one is only about 120k. Might also need "ISO 9660 File Access"
>
> Of course this is looking in a 9.x System Folder, though.
>
> -ms

Alrighty.  I've got it all worked out.  A minimal OS 8.1 (That's really more
like 7.5) is installed, with no problems but a warning that it was meant to be
on a floppy not a hard disk that pops up on boot.  I've got CD drivers from
the PowerMac 7200/90 I gave my dad for Christmas from OS 8.6, and I'm
downloading stuffit 5.5 now so I can unstuff bootx.  Also my friend with DSL is
downloading OS 7.6 for me so I can use it later.
Thanx for all you people's help, and I'll write back more if I have troubles
with isntallation or bootx.
Thanx,
ES

--part1_35.392f8434.2c179b99_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2>In a message dated 6/10/0=
3 2:57:33 PM Central Daylight Time, stermarc@mac.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">At about 3:33 PM -0400 on 6/10/=
03, MoC888@aol.com wrote:<BR>
&gt;Ok here.&nbsp; My Mac OS 8.1 is long dead (As in yesterday), and I final=
ly got<BR>
&gt;booted into a 7.5 looking 8.1 from a disk tools image.&nbsp; (Used Disk=20=
<BR>
&gt;Copy on my Mac<BR>
&gt;SE to make the disk)&nbsp; Now, I used Drive Setup Lite from the disk to=
ols image<BR>
&gt;to reformat my hard disk.&nbsp; I'm ready for bootx.&nbsp; Except for th=
e fact that this<BR>
&gt;minimal OS won't read from CD.&nbsp; It's VERY minimal.&nbsp; It was des=
igned for a<BR>
&gt;floppy.&nbsp; Anybody know how to get CD-ROM access from an OS copied fr=
om a<BR>
&gt;downloaded disk tools floppy image?<BR>
<BR>
Try booting with the CD already in the machine, and/or add some <BR>
relevant extensions like "Apple CD/DVD Driver" etc. That particular <BR>
one is only about 120k. Might also need "ISO 9660 File Access"<BR>
<BR>
Of course this is looking in a 9.x System Folder, though.<BR>
<BR>
-ms</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Alrighty.&nbsp; I've got it all worked out.&nbsp; A minimal OS 8.1 (That's r=
eally more like 7.5) is installed, with no problems but a warning that it wa=
s meant to be on a floppy not a hard disk that pops up on boot.&nbsp; I've g=
ot CD drivers from the PowerMac 7200/90 I gave my dad for Christmas from OS=20=
8.6, and I'm downloading stuffit 5.5 now so I can unstuff bootx.&nbsp; Also=20=
my friend with DSL is downloading OS 7.6 for me so I can use it later.&nbsp;=
 <BR>
Thanx for all you people's help, and I'll write back more if I have troubles=
 with isntallation or bootx.<BR>
Thanx,<BR>
ES</FONT></HTML>

--part1_35.392f8434.2c179b99_boundary--