6500/250 USRobotics Dialup PPP connection

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:11:06 -0700 (PDT)

I have a 6500/250 with a USRobotics external modem, I can get it to
dial into my ISP, but I cannot get it to send my username and
password.  My ISP uses PAP/CHAP.   I've tried minicom, kPPP, and
kicking the machine <---joke, relax.  I get a message that says,
"Timeout expired while waiting for the PPP interface to come up."

I've increased the PPP timeout period to 180 secs, the maximum
allowable by kPPP.  It didn't work, so I kicked it again <---joke,
relax.  Anywhooo, if someone can help me I'd really appreciate it.

=====
--Norberto Quintanar

"You belong to something bigger. From birth. And your life is spent rediscovering the underlying principles, through various players -- coaches, mentors, teachers, spouses, kids. It's in your genes. Your responsibility. Destiny. Is all on you.  Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
--Norberto Quintanar