6500/250 USRobotics Dialup PPP connection

Madhusudan Katti yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:23:07 -0700

--Boundary_(ID_uMUEdTtGAM0jGytYfP9Rjw)

I experience the exact same problem with KPPP in YDL 3.0 on my mac (G3=20=

card on 8500 board in a 7200 body). I posted a query to this list=20
several weeks ago but never got a response from anyone, so I still=20
haven't solved the problem. Meanwhile, redhat-config-network works fine=20=

and that's what I've been using to connect to my ISP.

I do hope someone out there has a solution to make kppp work though.

Madhu

On Thursday, Jun 12, 2003, at 16:11 America/Phoenix, Norberto Quintanar=20=

wrote:

> I have a 6500/250 with a USRobotics external modem, I can get it to
> dial into my ISP, but I cannot get it to send my username and
> password.=A0 My ISP uses PAP/CHAP.=A0=A0 I've tried minicom, kPPP, and
> kicking the machine <---joke, relax.=A0 I get a message that says,
> "Timeout expired while waiting for the PPP interface to come up."=A0
>
> I've increased the PPP timeout period to 180 secs, the maximum
> allowable by kPPP.=A0 It didn't work, so I kicked it again <---joke,
> relax.=A0 Anywhooo, if someone can help me I'd really appreciate it.
>
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> --Norberto Quintanar
>
> "You belong to something bigger. =46rom birth. And your life is spent=20=

> rediscovering the underlying principles, through various players --=20
> coaches, mentors, teachers, spouses, kids. It's in your genes. Your=20
> responsibility. Destiny. Is all on you.=A0 Lead, follow, or get out of=20=

> the way."=A0
>
> --Norberto Quintanar

--Boundary_(ID_uMUEdTtGAM0jGytYfP9Rjw)

I experience the exact same problem with KPPP in YDL 3.0 on my mac (G3
card on 8500 board in a 7200 body). I posted a query to this list
several weeks ago but never got a response from anyone, so I still
haven't solved the problem. Meanwhile, redhat-config-network works
fine and that's what I've been using to connect to my ISP.

I do hope someone out there has a solution to make kppp work though.

Madhu

On Thursday, Jun 12, 2003, at 16:11 America/Phoenix, Norberto
<excerpt><smaller>I have a 6500/250 with a USRobotics external modem,
I can get it to

dial into my ISP, but I cannot get it to send my username and

password.=A0 My ISP uses PAP/CHAP.=A0=A0 I've tried minicom, kPPP, and

kicking the machine <<---joke, relax.=A0 I get a message that says,

"Timeout expired while waiting for the PPP interface to come =
up."=A0</smaller>

<smaller>I've increased the PPP timeout period to 180 secs, the maximum

allowable by kPPP.=A0 It didn't work, so I kicked it again <<---joke,

relax.=A0 Anywhooo, if someone can help me I'd really appreciate =
it.</smaller>

<smaller>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

--Norberto Quintanar</smaller>

<smaller>"You belong to something bigger. =46rom birth. And your life is
spent rediscovering the underlying principles, through various players
-- coaches, mentors, teachers, spouses, kids. It's in your genes. Your
responsibility. Destiny. Is all on you.=A0 Lead, follow, or get out of
the way."=A0</smaller>

<smaller>--Norberto Quintanar</smaller>

Do you Yahoo!?

yellowdog-newbie mailing list

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com

=

</excerpt>=

--Boundary_(ID_uMUEdTtGAM0jGytYfP9Rjw)--