adding a hard drive

Dan A. Milisic yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 03:15:15 -0400

My dirt-cheap fix was a *very* generic Promise IDE controller from a PC =
and
an IDE disc.  It works fine as long you don't want to boot MacOS.  My =
system
boots the internal SCSI, then BootX tells the kernel to boot from (in my
case) /dev/hde3.  IIRC partitioning was a pain, but this was some time =
ago,
the tools may be better now.

D.

-----Original Message-----
From: yellowdog-newbie-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
[mailto:yellowdog-newbie-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com] On Behalf =
Of
Antonio Netzer
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 5:57 PM
To: yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Cc: cooker-ppc@linux-mandrake.com
Subject: adding a hard drive

I want to add a hd to my linux machine, 7300 (ide card)

my question is, will linux recognize the hd when i boot up and then =
allow=20
me to format it (fdisk I presume)??

thanks

netz

originally, i wanted to make the hd hfs, but it seems linux will be here =

to stay, at least in that mac, so a linux filesystem will work.