3.0 cdrom

Jason Stevens yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 01:12:11 +0300

By default there is no CD-ROM icon on the YDL 3.0 desktop. You can create
one easily, especially in KDE via a right click on the desktop (follow the
menu options).

If you're using XMMS to play audio CD's, open the preferences (click the
upper left corner of the player window), and change the output plug-in. I've
had the best luck using arts in KDE and esound in GNOME. Your results may
vary. You may also want to run the sound test again to make sure things are
up and running properly. It's quite easy to crash the sound server in YDL,
so if all else fails, you might need to reboot to straighten things out.

If you're trying to play CD audio in XMMS, it's easiest just to load the
tracks from the CD-ROM device (by opening the playlist within XMMS). Direct
it to /dev/cdrom and you should be all set.