Kernel Recompiling

Paul Handly yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:37:37 -0700

I read recently that the official Linux kernel had been updated, and I
want to update my YDL kernel to that new version, and add in HFS+
support at the same time.  I found some instructions on YDL's site
(somewhere...) but they only worked to a point - yaboot has a .img file
specified, with that file sporting the same version as the currently
installed kernel - the directions said nothing about this file, so I'm
a bit confused - has someone out there recompiled their kernel
successfully?  Can you tell me how?
--
Remember: until you open the box and look inside, Cartman's kitty is
both alive and dead.

Paul Handly
phandly@earthlink.net
http://deusex.mojokstudios.net