Can't Configure Network

Les Bowen yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 13:41:55 -0600 (MDT)

I haven't tried installing the new version. I'm waiting for the rpms to
fix it. It's a big enough issue, they should have something soon.

If you're not afraid of editing configuration files, you can adjust most
of the important stuff for your network config using the eth0-cfg and
eth1-cfg files located in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts. You may need to
look around a bit if you need custom configuration, such as isdn, or don't
use dhcp.

I use my notebook in multiple environments, and regularly take eth0 (my
ethernet cable connection) and eth1 (my "airport" wireless connection) up
and down. I use the ifup and ifdown scripts. located in the
network-scripts directory to turn the on and off. By default they are off
(by setting ONBOOT to no in the configuration files).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

LKB