Help - destroyed partition map - on my real (OSX) drive ...

Paul Handly yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:20:35 -0700

K - first of all - DON'T PANIC

I had the exact same problem on my system - but it turned out fine.  As
it happens, the YDL installer (Anaconda) has a bug which renames the
Apple partition map type to Apple_bootstrap - the data on it is fine,
but OSX can't see it because it's looking for a different name.  Here's
a link that will get you all straightened out, and if you have any
further questions - email me and/or the list.
http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2003-
April/007186.html

ANd in completely unrelated news - will YDL run on a G5?