Problems Burning ISO's

Deeva yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 22:29:00 -0400

OK... has anyone else experienced this with the 3ISO YDL 3.0 install images?

I need to burn these to install on my old 8600.

First heres the scenario:

1: I'm on a Mac (OSX) using Toast 5.1.4.

2: I don't mount the images, I just burn them as ISO disc images.

3: Disc #1 (in Toast) reads as a Mac/ISO Hybrid disc image - the other 2
read as only ISO images. This is strange, no? Each time I downloaded these I
get the same thing.

4: I burn the images.

5: Fresh burned cds will read in my G4 in OSX, will also read when booted in
Classic on the same machine. CDs WILL NOT in any way shape or form read in
my 8600 (8600 is maxed out at OS 9.1). I wasted about 20 discs so far
reburning them in any combination that I know is readable in that machine.
NO luck. Note: I CAN read other PC (ISO)  discs, PC zips and other PC files
in that machine. This is driving me crazy.... WHAT could be going wrong? I
even downloaded all 3 images 3 different times each in different OS's. NO
matter how I burn them they will NOT read in the 8600.

Oh yeah one other thing, I've got a Sonnet G3 PCI upgrade in it, will that
interfere with an installation once I can gt the discs to finally read in
that machine?

I'm new to this whole list thing so any help is joyously appreciated :)

Thanks,
Dee