Help - destroyed partition map - on my real (OSX) drive ...

Grant Lenahan yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:51:27 -0400

Paul wrote:
>K - first of all - DON'T PANIC

is that in large, friendly, pink letters? :-)

>I had the exact same problem on my system - but it turned out fine.  As
>it happens, the YDL installer (Anaconda) has a bug which renames the
>Apple partition map type to Apple_bootstrap - the data on it is fine,
>but OSX can't see it because it's looking for a different name.  Here's
>a link that will get you all straightened out, and if you have any
>further questions - email me and/or the list.
>http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2003-
>April/007186.html
Thanks, Paul.  great info.
unfortunately, YDL wont run either; at the "boot:" prompt, if I
choose YDL, it returns a bunch of paths, followed by "unknown or
corrupt filesystem".

So back to square 1...
Grant